This article is intended for US, Canada, EU, and China Buyers.
- Your account must have placed at least one order with Apruve, and have paid the invoice.
- Your account is not currently past due on any outstanding invoice.
To request a credit limit increase, you must be an Account Administrator:
- Log in to your Apruve account at app.apruve.com
- You'll see your credit limit. Look for a "Request a credit limit increase" button.
- Enter the desired credit limit amount you want to request. Consider the dollar amount you purchase from the vendor over a 30 to 60 day period.
- Apruve will submit your request to the underwriter to determine if an increase can be extended at the time of the request. Should further documentation be necessary, an Apruve Customer Experience Representative will request this information from your account administrator.
- If your credit limit is approved, an email will be sent to your account administrator indicating your new credit limit.
- If your credit limit increase is not approved, you will receive an email with this feedback.
Here is a short video to guide you through the process. Video