See this article to learn more about how you get notified via when we receive payments from you that need help with remittance.
Lost the email and need to get to the page from inside the app? See this article to get there without a direct link.
When you get to a payment's "Apply" tab, there is a page that lets you provide remittance information for a payment. This is synonymous with "applying" a payment to an invoice and the terminology is used interchangeably. A few things to note on this page:
- Invoices are ordered by due date from earliest to latest
- Rows highlighted with red are overdue and at the top
- Fully paid invoices will not appear
- As you apply amounts to the payment the "Amount remaining" and "Total to apply" near the bottom of the page will update to reflect how much payment is left to apply and the total amount that will be applied respectively.
- Page validation will not let you overpay an invoice or apply more than the total amount available from the payment.
Also note that there is a checkbox to "Auto-apply." See this article for more information on this feature.